Thursday, May 10, 2012

Zip line

  • The rare flesh-eating disease that claimed a Georgia womans leg and has her fighting for her life was caused by a common bacteria that thrives in warm climates and fresh water.
  • (ABC News)
  • The father of a hospitalized 24-year-old woman who contracted flesh-eating bacteria after a zip line accident described the ordeal as "the most horrific situation that a parent can possibly imagine.
  • (Time)
  • Aimee Copeland severely cut her left leg while zip-lining in a friends backyard near Carrollton last week. She contracted a flesh-eating bacteria infection that forced doctors to amputate the leg.
  • (MyFox Atlanta)
  • A University of West Georgia graduate psychology student is fighting for her life with a flesh-eating bacteria after falling off a homemade zip line and cutting her leg, CNN affiliate WSB reports.
  • (CNN (blog))
  • Twenty-four year old graduate student Aimee Copeland is fighting a life-threatening case of flesh-eating disease after a seemingly minor mishap with a zip line.
  • (HULIQ.com)
  • Insofar as really, really bad diseases/injuries/parasites I never ever want to get, flesh-eating bacteria is definitely at the top of the list.
  • (The Stir)
  • She was using a homemade zip line last Tuesday when the line snapped, leading to a cut through her calf. She went to a doctor, received stitches and left the hospital. But in the following days, repeated visits to the doctor didnt help the pain.
  • (Huffington Post)
  • Aimee Copeland was put on life support and had her leg amputated after a freak zip-line accident left her with a cut leg and a flesh-eating bacteria.
  • (Huffington Post)
  • The home-made zip line broke. Copeland fell, causing a deep gash to her leg. Doctors believe the bacteria entered her body through the injury that required nearly two dozen staples to close.
  • (Atlanta Journal Constitution)
  • The home-made zip line broke. Copeland fell, causing a deep gash to her leg. Doctors believe the fateful bacteria entered her body through the injury that required nearly two dozen staples to close.
  • (Spartanburg Herald-Journal)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment