Friday, January 13, 2012

I have a dream speech

  • When we celebrate Martin Luther King Day on Monday, many of us will remember him first as a great preacher and a powerful speaker.
  • (Morning Sentinel)
  • But all that was nothing compared to the first time I heard him speak. While driving, I came across a radio station playing his famous "I have a dream" speech. And I didn't just hear about his dream. I felt it. It was more than words.
  • (The Christian Science Monitor)
  • VIDEO: Watch at bottom of article. On Aug. 28, 1963, Martin Luther King Jr. made a 17-minute public speech calling for racial equality and an end to discrimination.
  • (Grand Forks Herald)
  • The Old State House and Johnson Victrola Museum will mark Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Jan 16 with presentations of his "I Have a Dream" speech. Admission to all of the programs is free. At the Johnson Victrola Museum, 375 S. New St.
  • (Abington Mariner)
  • "I Have a Dream" is a 17-minute public speech by Martin Luther King Jr. delivered on Aug. 28, 1963, in which he called for racial equality and an end to discrimination.
  • (Bureau County Republican)
  • Dramatic readings and recordings of Martin Luther King Jr.'s "I Have a Dream Speech" are staples at celebrations of his life.
  • (The News-Gazette)
  • The students from Washingtons Watkins Elementary are visiting the Lincoln Memorial on Friday afternoon and will recite Kings I Have a Dream speech from the same steps where he spoke in 1963.
  • (Washington Examiner)
  • WOODLAWN, Md. -- A group of Baltimore County students took center stage Friday to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. A well-known line in Kings famous I Have A Dream speech talks about being judged, based on the content of ones character.
  • (Wbaltv.com)
  • LAS CRUCES, Jan 10, 2012 (Las Cruces Sun-News - McClatchy-Tribune Information Services via COMTEX) -- The video of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther Kings I Have a Dream speech will be shown by New Heights Faith Community at 5:30 p.m.
  • (TMCnet)
  • Says Daria: "I wrote the song I HAVE A DREAM because MLK was such a big influence in my life. I wanted to find a way to put the ideas and messages from that famous speech into a simple, singable form to reach even the youngest listener.
  • (PRLog (free press release))

No comments:

Post a Comment